It looks like the corruption was mostly /tmp and the system is back in operation.
agora’s filesystem corrupted last night; it’s trying to repair, but I may have to revert to a snapshot…
The new vm server has arrived and been installed. I will be moving vms onto it ove the next couple of evenings, which will basically involve a simple reboot, so downtime will be brief.
The hard disks in the vmhost appear to have died, so the system is running out of ram only (the virtual machine host – agora and the other vms are on a file server, so are operating normally as long as the vmhost keeps running). As the current version of vmware won’t run on the system, I have a “new” system coming. I’ll install the latest vmware on it and then replace the current server with it, which will involve some downtime. I’m not sure when the new server will arrive, but the upgrade will probably happen in a couple of weeks…
Services back online after memory upgrade (though not quite as much as planned as one of the memory sticks was bad).
All services will be down around 7pm tomorrow, Wed, Oct 25. I will be adding memory to the vmware host everything runs on in hopes of alleviating some of the recent performance problems.
The fileserver upgrade did not happen, as the Dell did not see the new drive. I did verify that it should not need a reboot to see a new drive though, so no downtime should be needed until I move the vm that are on this secondary fileserver to the primary (waiting for the new drives for the primary for that to occur).
webmail is down while upgrading file server they’re on. The disks are supposed to be hotswappable, but Dell doesn’t seem to understand the concept…
Sorry the new NAS didn’t work out; the new location seems to be stable.
The software update did not fix the problem, so I’m moving agora yet again, back to an older, slower but reliable server.